What is the Lymphatic System?
The lymphatic system is an essential part of the immune system in the human body. It drains lymph fluid, which is then delivered back into your circulation via a network of hundreds of lymph nodes. It also eliminates body waste and transports white blood cells, which aid in infection prevention.
What is Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
Lymphatic drainage is a manual method for stimulating the flow of the lymph (a clear fluid that flows throughout the body via the lymphatic system) to alleviate edema and enhance health conditions. Lymph, among other things, helps isolate disease-causing germs and restores trapped lipids and protein to the circulation.
Also Known As:
- Decongestive Lymphatic Therapy (DLT)
- Lymphatic Massage
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Manual Drainage Massage
- Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD)
Health Conditions Where Lymphatic Drainage Massage Can Help
Because the lymphatic system is vital to the human immune system, advocates of lymphatic drainage claim that this therapeutic massage type can help treat a wide range of health conditions characterized by tissue swelling, such as follows:
- Swelling or Edema
- Skin Disorders
- Digestive Problems
- Arthritis & Osteoarthritis
Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Clearer complexion
- Lessen the presence of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces puffiness around the eyes
- Diminishes old scar tissue and minimizes new scar appearance
- Reduces sluggishness from too many starchy, high-fat foods and little exercise
- Congestion is a common component of headaches, particularly sinusitis, and it responds well to lymphatic drainage massage. Decongestion of tissue improves restricted fluid and blood flow, decreasing pain and suffering.
Promote Faster Healing
- Drains swollen or sore tissue
- Reduces inflammation and improve healing
- Reduces fluid retention
- Cleanse and rejuvenating effects
- Relieves stress
For more information about lymphatic drainage massage benefits, see our other blog here:
Risk Factors of Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Manual lymphatic drainage is typically a safe therapy, although it may be detrimental to certain people. People with the following health conditions should not receive lymphatic drainage massage:
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure
- Kidney failure
- Blood clots
- Skin infections
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
If you are thinking about using lymphatic drainage to treat your certain condition or experience its therapeutic advantages, Massage Rx can help! Our local massage therapists are always ready to provide you quality massage therapy Los Angeles can offer, including lymphatic drainage massage. Furthermore, we can still be able to treat you at home or anywhere that suits you best, thanks to our In-Home Massage Therapy services, which come to you at your most convenient time and day!
Massage Rx has been offering lymphatic drainage massage treatments for many years, so you can be certain that your therapeutic massage is in capable hands. For more in-depth information, see our video here:
Great News! We also offer a Postural Correction Training Program suited for any health problems you may have, and we will give you the best care possible. More information is available here:
But wait, there is still more! You will receive a FREE MASSAGE if you purchase our Postural Correction Training Booklet now! So don’t put it off any longer and get one today! Please click here to make your purchase: