The lymphatic system absorbs excess lymph fluid from tissues in the body and moves it along until returned into the bloodstream. It has four functions, which is the following:
- Maintain body’s fluid levels
- Absorbs fats
- Protect the body from foreign invaders (such as bacteria and viruses)
- Transport and remove waste products and defective cells
Some health conditions can cause lymph fluid to build up, and a lymphatic drainage massage can be the best help!
Lymphatic drainage massage, also known as manual lymph drainage (MLD), is a form of gentle massage that helps promote the movement of lymph fluids around the body. It has four main stroke components: stationary circles, scoop technique, pump technique, and rotary technique. It is the best alternative solution for preventive treatment and postoperative rehabilitation treatment with guaranteed optimal results.
Uses of Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Lymphatic drainage massage developed in the 1930s as the best treatment for lymphedema patients. It has a range of symptoms, including swelling of the tissues, discoloration of the skin, and pain or weakening in the leg or arm.
Also, lymphatic drainage massage utilized to treat a wide variety of medical conditions characterized by tissue swelling, such as the following:
- Skin disorders
- Digestive problems
Lymphatic drainage massage is a well-known massage service nowadays, not only for people suffering from the mentioned health conditions above but also for beauty-enthusiasts and celebrities. It is a pseudo-therapeutic technique that treats acne, cellulite, and eczema.
When in Los Angeles, there is only one place to go when you want to experience the best and beneficial lymphatic drainage massage service, and that is with Massage Rx! Throughout our service years, we are well-known for our comprehensive and effective massage therapy here in Los Angeles! Also, lymphatic drainage massage is one of our services offered in our in-home massage therapy services!
Whether you need a lymphatic massage for your health condition’s treatment, rehabilitation from cosmetic surgery, or want to have fairer skin, just like your favorite celebrity, we can help! See our video here to learn more about our lymphatic drainage massage services, especially for recovery after plastic surgery:
Five (5) Major Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Skin Care – Improves the presence of fine lines and wrinkles and reduces puffiness around the eyes. Also, new wounds or scars can be diminished, and old scars can be decreased.
- Detox – The body can profit greatly from lymphatic draining massage at the end of winter or during a time of heavy stress to alleviate the sluggishness caused by so much starchy, high-fat diets, and too little exercise.
- Healing – Lymphatic drainage is a gentle procedure that aids in tissue drainage, inflammatory reduction, and recovery.
- Pre and Post Pregnancy – Pregnant women may experience water retention, and lymphatic massage may improve relaxation, especially in the legs and feet. This procedure will also improve breastfeeding, particularly if there are issues with blocked ducts and swollen, tight breasts.
- Relaxation – It is one of the most soothing and relaxing treatments because it applies soft or gentle massage. And the therapeutic effects are heightened as the cleansing and rejuvenating effects ease tension.
Massage Rx also offers a comprehensive Postural Correction Training Program Booklet, that also includes many benefits and packages that are within your budget! See more here!
Great News! When you avail of our postural correction training booklet, you will GET A FREE MASSAGE! Yes, you read it right! So, click now the link to avail!