You’ve probably heard of lymphatic drainage massages, but what precisely are they? How does it function? What is it used to treat? If you have particular diseases and symptoms, this sort of massage treatment might be very useful to you.
What is Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
The lymphatic system is a part of the immune system that drains lymph fluid and delivers it back into the circulation through a network of lymph nodes. It eliminates body waste and toxins and transports white blood cells to prevent infections.
Fluid might accumulate in your lymphatic system if there is an impediment. And this is where lymphatic drainage, a sort of massage treatment, comes in!
Lymphatic drainage massage, also known as manual lymphatic drainage (MLD), is a specialized therapy used to treat lymphedema, a disease in which fluid accumulates after lymph nodes are removed following surgery, most commonly after a breast cancer operation.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage Treats Some Health Conditions
Lymphatic drainage treats some health conditions, including:
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Orthopedic surgery
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Lyme disease
- Scars, bruising, burns
So, if you are experiencing tissue swelling, skin discoloration, soreness, weakness, or heaviness in the leg or arm, then you may benefit from lymphatic drainage massage therapy in Los Angeles.
Learn more here in our previous blog:
Different Types of Lymphatic Drainage Massage
There are four different types of Lymphatic Drainage Massage used by professionals, like doctors, physical therapists, and massage therapists. These are as follows:
- Leduc – Hand movements are supposed to collect lymph before directing its reabsorption into the wider lymphatic system in this approach.
- Vodder – A method that employs a variety of sweeping hand gestures depending on the treated area of the body.
- Casley-Smith – A method that uses circular hand gestures, but only on the sides and palms of the hands.
- Foldi – A variation on the Vodder method that involves circular hand gestures mixed with intervals of relaxation.
How to DIY A Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Lymphatic drainage massage is popular among celebrities and supermodels for its shaping effect, is a beauty skill worth learning, and thankfully, we at Massage Rx have an expert to teach on how to do-it-yourself a lymphatic drainage massage:
- Begin with gently short upward strokes from your ankles and work your way up to your leg.
- Then, repeat the motion from wrists to shoulders.
- Then, in a clockwise manner, apply soft circular strokes to the stomach.
- Finish with downward strokes from the shoulders to the groin.
- Before proceeding to the following step, moisturize with your preferred body oil or lotion. And this provides slip and ensures that the instrument slides rather than pulls over the body.
- Following the dry brushing procedures, perform upward strokes from ankle to buttocks, wrist to shoulder.
- Then, move to your chest by making circular strokes, working your way up to your armpits.
- Repeat circular movements around the stomach.
- Finish with strokes around the core, working your way from shoulder to groin.
For best results, contact us here at Massage Rx! We offer MLD in our in-home massage therapy services! So, no matter where you are, whether at home or else, we will deliver you the wonders of lymphatic drainage massage! See more here in our Youtube video:
Learn more here how can you benefit from MLD:
Contact Massage Rx Today!
At Massage Rx, we work hard every day to deliver the finest massage services, such as lymphatic drainage massage and other therapies, to help our patients improve their health and well-being. We spend our expertise and time with the utmost care, compassion, and respect to ensure that this culture of wellness and caring delivers to our patients.
Other Services We Offer
Massage Rx also provides a Postural Correction Training Program tailored to your specific needs. More information about our corrections training program can be found by clicking on the following link:
Get our Postural Correction Training Booklet right now by clicking the link below. In addition, if you purchase today, you will receive a FREE MASSAGE! That’s right, you have read that accurately! So, act right away!