Lymphatic drainage massage, also known as manual lymphatic drainage (MLD), is a mild massage technique that promotes the flow of lymph fluids throughout the body.
The lymphatic fluid aids in the elimination of waste and toxins from the body’s tissues. People suffering from certain health conditions, such as lymphedema, fibromyalgia, and other diseases, might benefit from lymphatic drainage treatments.
In this blog, we will discuss:
- benefits of lymphatic drainage massage,
- what to do after your session,
- and how often you should get this specialized treatment.
What are the benefits of lymphatic drainage massage?
Medical Benefits of MLD
- Reduced swelling
- Pain relief
- Boosts immune system
- Improves circulation
- Prevents common illnesses (colds and viruses)
- Weight loss
- Decreases stress
- Removes toxins, waste, and excess fluid
Cosmetic Benefits of MLD
- Decrease puffiness
- Enhance skin tone
- Promotes blood flow
- Smoothes facial features
- Improves complexion
- Reduces signs of aging
- Improves skin natural collagen generation
- Boost density and elasticity of the skin
- Reduces acne breakouts
To learn more, see our previous blog here:
Things to do after your lymphatic drainage massage
Now that you’ve had a session, remember these things to do after your lymphatic drainage massage appointment:
- Take Rest – A patient will be exhausted afterward; therefore, it is best to get plenty of rest and do nothing but lie down and relax your muscles.
- Adjust – The patient needs to stretch gently, make gentle motions, and get the muscles working after the session for better alignment.
- Get Moving with Limited Exercise – Take a few less intense exercises, well enough to get you sweating and your muscles moving. You may do housework, go on a stroll, or do something else essential not to push the body too far.
- Drink Plenty of Water & Eat Well – It is normal to have frequent urination and bowel movements, as the body’s toxins or wastes will be drained. You will finally be free of all the toxic materials that cause diseases and other disorders. Eat healthful meals and minimize the consumption of your preferred fatty and greasy foods because they are frequently the culprits of your own body’s sufferings.
- Live Well – Living well entails being mindful of your actions and avoiding behaviors that provide a high risk of injury to your body. Make an effort to surround yourself with a clean atmosphere. Get some fresh air by getting away from the city now and again. Avoid stress and have an optimistic view of life.
For more information about what you can do after your session and achieve fast and effective results, contact us here at Massage Rx, your trusted massage therapy in Los Angeles!
How often do you need a lymphatic drainage massage?
So, how often do you need a lymphatic drainage massage?
Every three months, you should receive a series of lymphatic drainage massage sessions. Clients must commit to doing this exactly as instructed to achieve the desired outcomes.
- First week: 3 sessions
- Second week: 3 sessions
- Third week: 2 sessions
- Fourth week: 2 sessions
- Fifth week: 1 session
- Sixth week: 1 session
MLD is one of our offerings here at Massage Rx in our in-home massage therapy services. For more information about lymphatic drainage massage, see our previous blog here:
Contact Massage Rx Today!
Massage Rx has been providing dependable lymphatic drainage massage for years now, so rest assured that you are in the experienced hands! For further details, please view our YouTube video below:
In addition, we provide a Postural Correction Training Program that is suitable for all sorts of physical complaints and provides the best treatment accessible. More in-depth information about our PCT Program is available here:
What do you think? You may enjoy a FREE MASSAGE if you buy our Postural Correction Training Booklet right now! So don’t put it off any longer; Get One Now! To have your order, please use the following link: