The abdominal muscles, commonly known as abs, are only a small fraction of the core muscles. The core is a complex series of muscles that includes the entire trunk section. Having a strong core isn’t just making you look great but also has few health benefits, including:
- Prevents back injury and alleviates back pain
- Help perform everyday functions more efficiently without pain
- Improves posture, physical appearance, and athletic performance
Now you know what core is, its functions, and it is time to hit the gym! Below are some of the common and best core exercises for beginners:
- Side Plank
- Plank with Arm Raise
- Chair Dips
- Arm Circling
- High-Tension Plank
- Bear Crawl
- Slow-Motion Climbing
- Loaded Carries
- Reverse Crunch
- Bird Dog
- Side Plank
- Lying Leg Drop
Those are the most common exercises to include in a well-rounded core training program. However, we, at Massage Rx, list here our two (2) most favorite core exercises:
- The Rolling Pattern – It is utilized to increase the dynamic stability and core communication connecting the upper and lower body in a natural rotational pattern.
- The Kinetic Link Training (KLT) or the Anti-Rotation Hold – Is a systematic biomechanically balanced, full-body resistance training. With these exercises, you will achieve fantastic physical performance results with long-term health and quality of life. It will also develop a strong, toned, and energized body to move with ease, efficiency, and control.
Watch this video to learn more about the said exercises:
Performing these core exercises a few times a week, combined with small amounts of aerobic exercise and a proper, balanced diet, will produce a stronger core and a leaner, tighter trunk.
About Massage Rx
Massage Rx has been in the business for years now, specializing in Sports Physical Therapy, functional movement, and total body pain treatment needs. We are also known best for providing comprehensive and trustworthy Prenatal Massage in Los Angeles.
Also, we are one of the highly-rated when searching for the best Swedish massage near me.
If you want to be fit and find going to the gym troublesome, turn to Massage Rx! We will work out with you from the start until reaching your goal!