During the Covid-19 epidemic, most of our clients here at Massage Rx have grown increasingly interested in lymphatic drainage massage because the procedure is said to enhance immunity and lower stress levels.
What is COVID-19?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious illness caused by a recently identified coronavirus. Most COVID-19 virus-infected people have mild to moderate respiratory illness and will recover without therapy. However, people aged 60 and up and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are at a higher risk of developing the said illnesses.
COVID-19 patients cannot return to their optimal health levels for weeks or even months after contracting the virus, and they have reported a severe loss of energy, among other symptoms, such as the following:
- Persistent fatigue
- Muscular pains
- Generally unwell
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Increases anxiety
- Difficulty reading, trouble in concentration, and a bad memory
- Dry skin
Because Covid-19 is a very aggressive virus that damages the immune and lymphatic systems, your energy levels will increase after your systems have stabilized. This is why it is imperative to get a lymphatic massage to get toxins out of the body as quickly as possible, helping the immune system to recover faster.
Lymphatic drainage offers several advantages for both the body and the skin, which is stated below:
Drainage Massage in Face: The Aesthetic Benefits
The following are the aesthetic benefits of drainage massage in the face:
- Expose skin’s radiance
- Promotes blood flow
- Smoothes facial features
- Improves complexion
- Reduces signs of aging and fatigue
- Restore vitality of the skin
- Improves skin natural collagen production
- Boost density and elasticity of the skin
- Reduces redness and skin reactivity
- Reduces acne breakouts
To schedule our reliable massage therapy in Los Angeles, such as our effective lymphatic massage, please don’t hesitate to contact us today!
Other Benefits of Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Below are the other major advantages of manual lymphatic drainage massage:
- Boosts immune system
- Improves circulation
- Reduces muscle tension
- Hastens soft tissue healing
- Prevents common illnesses (colds and viruses)
- Reduces water retention
- Weight loss
- Decreases stress
- Removes toxins, waste, and excess fluid
We at Massage Rx offer our reliable lymphatic massage as one of our popular in-home massage therapy. To learn more in-depth information about manual lymphatic drainage massage, click here:
4 Types of Lymphatic Drainage Massage Techniques
All of the lymphatic drainage massage techniques listed below work on the same basic premise. They all stretch the skin in the direction of lymph flow with mild motions:
- Vodder – This fundamental technique employs sweeping motions around the region being treated by the therapist.
- Foldi – Foldi, a Vodder method extension, requires the massage therapist to alternate between circular hand movements and periods of relaxation.
- Casley-Smith – This lymphatic massage technique utilizes circular hand strokes, particularly with the sides and palms of the hands.
- Leduc – This type of lymphatic massage technique gathers lymph fluid before directing it for reabsorption into the lymphatic system.
For more information about the after-effects of lymphatic massage therapy, please click here:
We hope you find this blog useful. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this issue or how lymphatic drainage might benefit you! We are always willing to assist with all your needs!
Contact Massage Rx Today!
Massage Rx has been offering reliable lymphatic drainage massage for many years now, so you can be confident knowing that your needs are in capable hands. Please see our Youtube video below for more in-depth information:
Furthermore, we provide a Postural Correction Training Program that is appropriate for all types of bodily aches and gives the finest treatment available. More information about our correction program may be found here: