Dealing with anxiety can be debilitating when you don’t know how to control it. Many of us don’t seek help in order to find out why we are having anxiety or what triggers it. The best thing that you can do is seek help. Sometimes speaking with a therapist will help you figure out what is causing it and how you can avoid it. The best way to reduce certain anxieties is by getting a massage. A massage can help be reducing stress and built-up tension that you may have. Anxiety is caused by many things such as:
- Heart disease
- thyroid problems
- drug abuse and withdrawal
- rare tumors that produce certain “fight or flight” hormones
- muscle cramps or spasms can be caused by anxiety
- trauma as a child or young adult
Usually, anxieties get triggered by the person feeling uncomfortable and not knowing how to not be. Getting over the anxiety of course takes time. The best thing that you can do is exposure therapy. The more you do something uncomfortable the more normal it will be to you. Here are some of the tips on how you can manage your anxiety.
- Lower your caffeine intake. Remember soda has caffeine as well.
- No alcohol although you might do it socially sometimes it can worsen your anxiety.
- Write out your feelings it helps you identify what is triggering you.
- Meditation can help with making you focus and you can also use lavender oil to help.
- Talk to someone who will understand what you are feeling.
- Find a mantra most people tell themselves “this is only a temporary feeling” “it will go away soon”.
- Walking can help you flush out the adrenaline you might feel.
- Drinking cold water it can shock your system and make you feel better.
- Take a bath and try to relax.
- Eat something that makes you happy.
- Exercise helps with built-up tension.
- Massage helps with relieving physical tension built up.
One thing that a lot of people try to find is the “cure” for anxiety. Unfortunately, there isn’t one the best thing we can do is learn how to live with it by learning how to manage it. The less stress your body goes through the less anxiety you will have. We have found that massage has been a great way to reduce that and we encourage people to get them to help them manage their anxiousness. Visit our website to learn more at massagerxla.com.