The neck is a portion of the body, consisting of vertebrates, joining the head to the shoulders and chest. Having neck pain or stiffness is a common concern for most people occasionally. In most cases, it can be strained from poor posture, whether leaning over your screen or hunching over your counter or shelf. Sometimes, neck pain is a result of an injury from falling, sports, or accident.
Causes of Neck Pains
Neck pain or stiffness of the neck can happen for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Muscle strains
- Worn joints
- Nerve compression
Signs and Symptoms of Neck Pains
- Muscle tightness and spasms
- Lessen the ability to move the head
- Pain is worsen
- Head pains
Home-Care Tips For The Best Neck Pain Relief
Most of the time, neck pain can be relieved within a few days with some of the home-care tips. Here are the following steps we provide to help you ease your neck pain at home:
- For the first few days, apply ice to the neck. Then use a heating pad or a hot compress, and some would do a hot shower.
- Take pain reliever medications, such as ibuprofen.
- Rest from sports or activities that worsen your symptoms.
- Avoid tucking the phone between your ear and neck.
- Have your neck get exercise every day by slowly stretching the head in side-to-side and up-and-down movements.
- Utilize a good posture.
- Change your neck or head every now and then.
- Don’t stand or sit for a longer period in the same position.
- Have a gentle neck massage therapy.
- Use a neck pillow for a good sleeping position.
- Don’t use a neck brace or collar without prescribed by your doctor.
How is Neck Pain Treated?
Treatment for neck pain depends on the results of your diagnosis, and your doctor may refer you to a licensed specialist to involve the following methods:
- Ice and heat therapy
- Exercise, stretching, and physical therapy
- Neck collar
- Pain medication and muscle relaxants
- Corticosteroid injections
Many people experience neck pain because of their daily activities that cause poor posture and muscle strain. In these cases, you should practice good posture and rest your neck muscles to prevent it from happening.
If in case you are suffering from neck pain and searching for the best manual physical therapy to help you alleviate the pain, Massage Rx is the right one to call! Whether you need neck pain relief services or couples massage therapy here in Los Angeles, we are the right professionals for the job!
If you need a visual guide on our neck pain relief procedure, please watch the video below: