Given that your buttocks or glute muscles are behind you, you might not have paid any attention to them until they begin to hurt. The gluteus muscle helps you maintain your proper posture, support your body weight and engage you in sports activities like running, jumping, and climbing. However, they are susceptible to injury and illness, from minor muscle strains to infections.
Your glute muscles are made up mostly of fat and gluteus muscle:
- Gluteus maximus. The largest glute muscle and responsible for the shape of your buttocks. Its role is to keep you upright when sitting or standing.
- Gluteus medius. It is between the gluteus maximus and gluteus minimus. Its role is to help the rotation of your leg and stabilize the pelvis.
- Gluteus minimus. The smallest and deepest glute muscles. Its role is to rotate the lower limbs and keep the pelvis stable when moving.
The most common cause of pain in the buttocks or the gluteal area is not severe, but some need to pay a visit to their doctor, especially when they experience the following symptoms:
- Numbness or weakness in the legs
- Trouble controlling the bowels or bladder
- Soreness that won’t heal
- Sharp pain
- Pain when walking and limits movement
A lack of physical activity or an unhealthy lifestyle can also weaken your gluteus muscles.
Causes of Gluteus Muscle Pains
- Muscle Strain
- Herniated Disk
- Degenerative Disk Disease
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Pilonidal Cyst
- Perirectal Abscess
- Joint Dysfunction
- Vascular Disease
Treatment Options For Gluteus Muscle Pains
Your doctor may recommend:
- Injections to bring down inflammation
- A procedure where to drain a cyst or abscess
- Surgery to repair/replace the damaged disk or work-down joint
- Physical therapy to help strengthen the glute muscles and improve range of motion
Massaging the gluteus area helps relax the gluteal muscles and ease pressure on the lower back, spine, and legs. When searching for the best and most trustworthy physical therapists here in LA for your physical/massage therapy needs, Massage Rx is the right one to call!
Our massage therapist will warm up your gluteus muscles using a lighter touch. Once warmed up, they will start working on the affected gluteus muscle areas and use deep kneading and stroking massage with varying amounts of intense pressure. See more here at our video:’
Massage Rx: Your Go-To Partner For Pain-Free & Strong Gluteus Muscles
Massaging the gluteus muscles is also a great way to relax the muscles, boost circulation, and improve the strength of the glutes. Highly trained physical and massage therapists, just like us here at Massage Rx, can help you treat symptoms and improve overall strength effectively, fast, and safely.
Massage Rx has been well-known for administering this kind of treatment for years now. It doesn’t matter what your fitness goals are or your journey, we will help strengthen your glute muscles to help keep you healthy, live pain-free, and improve physical performance.
Great news! We offer other great deals and affordable packages to keep you in shape and have perfect and healthy gluteus muscles. For more information, see our video here: