Lymphatic drainage massage – what is it? It is a form of massage that rids the body of metabolic waste and toxins. And this is accomplished by activating the body’s lymph nodes, which encourages the discharge of toxins, removing them naturally.
What is a lymphatic drainage massage and its numerous advantages?
A lymphatic drainage massage employs very light pressure and lengthy, rhythmic strokes to flow lymph fluid and deliver toxins to organs that can eliminate them appropriately. A qualified practitioner’s hands can apply pressure to re-stimulate the lymphatic system’s usual contractions. And this will return the stagnated fluid to the body’s normal lymph flow.
What are the benefits of lymphatic drainage massage?
Lymphatic drainage massage is frequently used to cure acne, cellulite, digestive difficulties, puffiness, stress, inflammation, sleeplessness, migraines, and other health complications. People like this specialized treatment for the following reasons:
- Defend against infection
- Accelerate healing and recovery from the common cold and flu
- Reduce water retention
- Increase weight loss
- Reduce the appearance of cellulite, skin edema, scar tissue, acne, and stretch marks
- Decrease stress, anxiety, and fatigue
- Aid in post-exercise recuperation
- Help with breastfeeding
- Assist with migraines and chronic pain
Are lymphatic drainage massages beneficial to your health?
The belief is that a “clogged” lymphatic system equals a slew of health issues — and this may be accurate. Lymphatic fluid is used by cells to move chemicals, interact with other cells, and carry out their functions.
As a result, a faulty network can disrupt those processes, resulting in problems like lymphedema or persistent swelling in the body. Lymphatic drainage massage is used in the medical sector to aid persons with lymphatic system injuries due to surgery, trauma, or developmental abnormalities. Manual lymph drainage can be advantageous in this scenario since there are particular strategies to move lymphatic fluid out of damaged regions and into other body sections that are working as usual.
But how can you tell if you need a lymphatic drainage massage? Here’s what you should look for:
- Brain fog
- Chronic lethargy
- Digestive issues
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Excess weight
- Increased susceptibility to colds and flu
- Sinus infections
- Skin problems
Lymphatic Drainage Massage Before and After – Things To Do
Lymphatic drainage before and after – what to do? To get the most out of lymphatic drainage massage, you need to follow specific guidelines. Continue reading to learn how to prepare for a lymphatic massage and what to do after your session.
- Seek Help From Your Healthcare Provider – It is especially crucial if you have an underlying medical problem or are presently suffering from one, so they can advise you on any preventive measures you should take.
- Stay Hydrated – Staying hydrated is always vital, but it’s especially crucial before receiving a lymphatic massage.
- Eat Only A Little Food – A full stomach makes it difficult to eliminate poisons from your abdomen and surrounding organs.
- Wear Proper Clothes – If you want to remain dressed, choose lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that will allow the masseuse to work on the areas that require massage more easily.
- Rest – You will be fatigued afterward; therefore, it is best to take the day off and do nothing but lie down and rest your muscles.
- Get Hydrated – Because the body’s toxins and wastes will be flushed out from your body, there will be frequent urination and bowel movements. As a result, you will need to hydrate by drinking plenty of water.
- Eat Well – Eat healthful meals and minimize the consumption of your preferred fatty and greasy foods because they are frequently the culprits of your body’s suffering.
Discover the Numerous Advantages of Lymphatic Drainage Massage Today!
Do you want to look and feel better? Massage Rx offers innovative and proven lymphatic drainage massage in Los Angeles. To arrange an appointment, call us immediately or contact us online.
We also offer some of the popular massage services, including: