Is it surprising that we refer to a difficult circumstance as a “pain in the neck?” There’s a reason for this old saying, which is described as an irritating or unbearable condition because neck discomfort is a regular annoyance for several reasons that can disturb your daily routine.
However, neck pain is the least of your concern. In this post, we’ll look at the symptoms of neck pain, the causes of neck pain, and the advantages of neck pain massage. Let us investigate further!
What is Neck Pain?
Neck pain, often known as cervical pain, is any discomfort felt in the neck. It might be a minor inconvenience or severe discomfort. It can also be caused by various factors, such as mechanical or postural problems. It’s a frequent issue affecting around two-thirds of the general population at some time in their lives. It is also unusual for neck pain to be caused by something more serious, such as cancer or other illnesses. Acute neck discomfort usually goes away within a few days or weeks. However, it has the potential to progress to persistent neck discomfort.
Causes of Neck Pain
Because the neck bears the head weight, it is vulnerable to injuries and diseases that cause discomfort and limit movement. Causes of neck pain include:
- Muscle strains
- Worn joints
- Nerve compression
Symptoms of Neck Pain
Common neck pain symptoms include:
- Sharp ache
- Pain and swelling
- Pain that worsens when you hold your head in a specific posture
- Spasms of the muscles
- Radicular or neural discomfort
- Difficulty lifting or grasping items
- Tingling and numbness
- Reduced range of motion
- Weakness in the arms or legs
Ways Massage Therapy Helps Manage Neck Pain
Massage therapy is well worth the money because it is one of the most effective ways to manage neck pain and its symptoms by relaxing the region and strengthening the underlying muscles to avoid further damage. It has gained popularity in recent years as more individuals seek alternative therapies.
- You may experience some ache or discomfort after your first couple of massage sessions, but don’t worry; this is a sign that your muscles are mending and strengthening. As your massage therapist works your muscles, you may experience discomfort comparable to that experienced after a gym session. However, massage’s mix of physical manipulation and mental relaxation causes your body to produce endorphins, which relieve neck discomfort.
Prevents Future Pain
- Massage therapists are specifically educated in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of ailments, and they may help strengthen your muscles to avoid future damage. Because neck pain is widespread, treatments like deep tissue massage can improve the underlying muscles in your neck, enabling speedier healing and boosting muscular tone to minimize future strain.
- Because stress affects the muscles in your neck, it can contribute to and worsen neck pain. Massage may help you relax psychologically and spiritually, reducing tension, anger, and anxiety and physically relieving your neck discomfort. And this can assist in alleviating the intensity of your neck pain.
- The joints and muscles of our neck become less flexible as we age, which might interfere with the tasks we desire and need to do regularly. Regular, high-quality massages can assist promote muscular flexibility and range of motion in the neck. Maintaining flexibility in your body provides many other health advantages, including improved posture and coordination.
Contact Massage Rx Today!
It is essential to seek out a trained massage therapist for neck discomfort. Massage Rx is your go-to choice for neck pain massage. We have been in the industry for years, so rest assured that you are in good hands. We also offer lymphatic drainage massage and in-home massage. Contact us today to get started!