Taking a massage used to be an indulgence, but as many people get them more regularly, and claim the benefits they provide, they have been increasing in demand and recognition. At this time that massage therapy is highly regarded as a mainstream treatment, several insurance companies offer coverage for therapy sessions.
This type of treatment applies manual techniques to increase circulation, reduce tension, relieve stress, alleviate anxiety, improve sleep, and promote relaxation throughout the whole body, which leads to additional benefits. Whether chronic or acute, when you are in pain and in need of relief, or you have been injured and have severe muscle or nerve tissue damage that causes suffering to the body, massage therapy may be worth taking.
Common Types of Massage Therapy
Whether you’d like to blow the cobwebs away a bit, have a health condition, choosing the right type of massage therapy can be confusing when you are not quite certain what it involves. Here is the list of the most common types of massage therapy:
- Deep Tissue Massage. This is a type of massage that applies more pressure than the other therapies. It’s an ideal option when you have body pains, chronic muscle conditions, injury, or imbalance. It can help alleviate tense muscles, severe muscle pain, and chronic stress.
- Swedish Massage. This type of massage involves kneading, deep round motions, and extended smooth strokes in the direction of the heart. This type of massage is perfect for people who are new to massage therapy. Choose a Swedish massage for relaxation or minor pain relief.
- Hot Stone Massage. This type of massage is similar to a Swedish massage, the massage therapist uses heated stones in addition to their hands. A hot stone massage is good for people who have muscle pains and tensions, or who simply want relaxation.
- Aromatherapy Massage. This type of massage mixes soft, gentle pressure with the use of essential oils. An aromatherapy massage is the best option for those who aim to have an emotional healing effect on their massage.
- Sports Massage. This type of massage is a good alternative when you have an injury from overuse of the muscle. This massage may also help increase flexibility, boost performance, and reduce your risk of injury in doing sports.
- Trigger Point Massage. This type of massage applies broad, smooth strokes that are relaxing combined with harder, deeper pressure on the affected areas in the muscle tissues, known as trigger points.
- Reflexology. This type of massage therapy applies soft to hard pressure on the affected areas of the feet, hands, and arms. This therapy is the best option when you are uncomfortable being touched over your body as you can also be fully clothed during this massage session such as in Corporate Massage Therapy.
Massage Therapy Los Angeles has a dedicated and knowledgeable team of health professionals ready to provide you with personalized therapy sessions or exercise programs to restore and boost your overall health and wellness. Check out the same therapy sessions in Mobile Massage Studio City and Mobile Massage Burbank.