Lymphatic drainage massage, also known as manual lymphatic drainage, is the gentle manipulation of certain areas of the body to relieve the painful swelling caused by lymphedema, most notably in the arms and legs. It is a specialized massage treatment whose main goal is to help keep your immune system in check by supporting the body’s internal filtration system, known as the lymphatic system.
To learn more about lymphatic drainage massage, its many benefits, and how you can do it at home, continue reading this blog from Massage Rx, your trusted partner for quality health and well-being.
Who Can Benefit From Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
Below are some of the conditions who can benefit from a lymphatic drainage massage:
- Swelling or edema
- Skin disorders
- Stress and migraine
- Digestive problems
However, there are some conditions where lymphatic massage is not recommended, such as:
- People with heart conditions
- People with kidney failure
- People with blood clots
- People with infection
To learn more, contact us here at Massage Rx, your trusted partner for massage therapy in Los Angeles!
What are the Lymphatic Drainage Massage Advantages?
There are countless lymphatic drainage massage advantages that you can obtain from this specialized technique, but we provide you some of the most common below:
- Improves immune system
- Reduces stress, anxiety, and fatigue
- Helps with breastfeeding moms
- Provides unblemished and glowing skin
- Alleviates chronic pain
- Maintain proper blood circulation
- Improves digestion
- Calms the nervous system
See our previous blog here for more in-depth information about the before-after effects of lymphatic massage:
To experience the healing wonders of lymphatic drainage massage, book our services today! We offer this specialized treatment in our in-home massage therapy services.
How To Perform Lymphatic Massage At Home?
So, want to know how to perform lymphatic massage at home? Here’s how:
- Neck – The primary collecting ducts may be found in the hollow immediately above your collarbone. Apply gentle pressure in a continuous, circular motion to gradually pull the skin down. Rep on the other side.
- Under the Armpits – Place the other hand directly on the flesh beneath the armpit. Pulse slowly and gently up into the armpit, using gentle pressure. Rep with the other arm.
- Stomach – Take a deep breath and push your stomach with both hands gently. Exhale and gently press your navel to your spine. Repeat.
- Legs – Place your palms in the crease of your thigh. Use a wavelike motion to provide mild pressure on the thighs toward the navel. Repeat.
To learn more about the after-effects of lymphatic massage, see our previous blog here:
Experience the Wonders of Lymphatic Drainage Massage Today!
Want to look and feel better? Massage Rx in Los Angeles provides proven and tested massage therapies such as Lymphatic Drainage Massage. Make an appointment with us right now by dialing our toll-free number or emailing us online! More information may be found on our YouTube channel below:
Other Services We Offer!
We give the best care possible by offering you our dependable Postural Correction Training Program personalized to any health concerns you may be facing. More details here:
So, grab our Postural Correction Training Booklet right now, and you’ll be on your way towards the best health and fitness in no time! Don’t put it off any longer; get one today! Please click the following link to place your order: