Going to the spa for neck massage therapy can be a relaxing pleasure and beneficial to your health and well-being! Massage treatment may help with everything from physical discomfort to stress and anxiety. People who add massage therapy to their healthcare routine will not only enjoy a peaceful hour or two at the spa, but the advantages will last for days and weeks!
Neck massage therapy assists in managing a health condition or improving one’s overall well-being. It entails manipulating the body’s delicate tissues. It has been performed throughout human history in most cultures – Eastern and Western – and was one of the first methods used to try to cure pain.
What varieties of neck massage therapy are there?
Neck massage is the pressing, stroking, and manipulating of the skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Massage can range from mild or gentle stroking to extreme or hard pressure. There are several varieties of massage, including the following:
- Swedish Massage – This mild massage type uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular motions, vibration, and tapping. It both relaxes and energizes you.
- Deep Tissue Massage – This massage method targets the deeper levels of muscle and connective tissue with slower, more powerful strokes. It is often used to treat muscular damage caused by trauma or injury.
- Sports Massage – This is similar to Swedish massage, except it is designed for persons who participate in sports to help prevent or treat injuries.
- Trigger Point Massage – This massage targets regions of tight muscle fibers that might develop in your muscles as a result of accidents or overuse.
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage – This massage reduces edema caused by medical treatment or sickness that obstructs your lymphatic system. It entails gently manipulating particular portions of your body to encourage lymph to travel to an area with functioning lymph veins. (See here our blog about lymphatic drainage massage side effects)
What are the benefits of massage therapy?
The following are the ten most popular neck massage therapy benefits:
- Reducing stress
- Improving circulation
- Reducing body pains
- Eliminating toxins
- Improving flexibility
- Improving sleep
- Enhancing immunity
- Reducing fatigue
- Alleviating depression and anxiety
- Relieving post-surgery and post-injury conditions
While additional study is needed to prove the advantages of massage therapy, several studies have found it to be beneficial for the following health conditions:
- Digestive disorders
- Lower back pain
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Nerve pain
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
- Upper back and neck pain
Aside from the medical benefits, some individuals like massage because it typically provides emotions of compassion, warmth, and connection.
What can you expect with your massage session?
Massage does not need any specific preparation; before beginning a massage therapy session, your massage therapist should inquire about any symptoms, your medical history, and what you hope to gain from massage. Your massage therapist will explain to you the type of massage and methods that will be used.
You undress or wear loose-fitting clothing throughout the session (just to the degree of comfort). In most cases, you lie on a table and cover yourself with a sheet. A massage can also be received while sitting in a chair. Your massage therapist should do a touch examination to find sore or stiff areas and determine how much pressure to use.
In addition, the massage therapist may use oil or lotion on your skin to prevent friction. Inform your massage therapist if you are allergic to any of the components.
Furthermore, massage sessions might run anywhere from 10 to 90 minutes, depending on your preferred type of massage. Whatever type of massage you pick, you should feel peaceful and relaxed both during and after the massage. Continue to breathe normally throughout your massage.
Contact Massage Rx Today!
Want to know more? Contact us here at Massage Rx! We have the best solution to your body pains! We do offer an in-home massage so that we may serve clients who are unable to visit our clinic for various reasons. Check also our other useful blogs for more information regarding massage therapy!